Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A great gift chutney, or for yourself. Excellent with pork, lamb, and chicken. From my sister. If using frozen peaches, no need to thaw.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 4 cups frozen peaches, chopped, peeled
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Saute the onion in skillet, about 5 minutes.
- Place the onions and the next 8 ingredients in cooker.
- Stir together flour and vinegar, then add to the cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring before the last hour.
- Remove after finished and immediately transfer to sterilized jars.
- (My favorite way to serve: Mix 8 ounces cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese, then divide evenly between 4 chicken breasts, pounded flat. Bake about 20 minutes, then top with chutney and continue baking until chicken is done.).
Made this with frozen peaches & ended giving half of it away, not because we didn't like it but because guests really loved it, as I'd served it as suggested, with the cheeses & chicken breasts! This is definitely something I'll be making again, as possibly as part of my holiday gift bags! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Chutney theme in My-3-Chefs]