Recipe by Miss Annie
This is great served with chicken, pork, or ham. Also, to give as gifts.
Top Review by echo echo
I made a recipe of this on Thursday. The chutney's really, really yummy and very attractive flecked with the colors of the diced yellow and red peppers (for the hots, I used 2 hot cherry peppers because they were so tiny). I must say, I followed the amounts in the ingredients list (except for the two little cherry peppers), but for some reason came out with about 10 half-pints instead of just the 4 or 5 predicted (NOT complaining about that, believe me, LOL!). After bringing to a boil I let the chutney simmer about 25 minutes in all and canned 10 minutes in a water bath.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs peaches, diced (about 7 large)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 hot red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (candied ginger)
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fruit and vegetables.
- Put in heavy saucepan and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to a simmer, cook until desired consistency.
- Ladle into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe rims and seal.
- Process in a water bath canner for 10 mins.