Recipe by BusyBeeHoneyBee
This dish is about the peaches, so it's important to choose good ones. Yum, yum, yum! If you don't care about making the recipe vegan, substituting mascarpone for the soy yogurt would also be really tasty.
- 3 lbs peeled peaches, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt (experiment with plain, vanilla, peach or even another fruit flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peaches into very small pieces (the smaller you cut them, the finer the texture of the gelato will be).
- Arrange peach pieces in a single layer on a packing sheet and freeze solid, about 2 hours.
- Put the frozen pieces in a food processor with the sugar and grind briefly.
- Add the yogurt and pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Empty into a small container and freeze for 20 to 30 minutes.