Recipe by Chef mariajane
This rustic French Tart is an incredibly beautiful summer dessert. To make, place peaches mixed with butter, flour and cinnamon in the center of rolled-out pastry dough. Form the dough up around the fruit - and bake - so good!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups europe's best sun ripe peaches (1 bag)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in bowl of food processpr. With machine running, add sour cream and cold water. Process untl dough forms a ball. Remove, flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment papaer. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 13-inch circle. Carefuly transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Mix fruit with next 4 ingrdients. Place in center of rolled dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Brush border with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake in preheated oven, 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan, to allow juices to settle. Serve.