Recipe by RecipeNut
The tartness of yogurt accents the delicate sweetness of peaches in this fresh-tasting frozen yogurt. Freezing time included in cooking time
Top Review by renajune
I used my home canned very low sugar drained peaches (4+cups) with 4 cups of low fat unflavored unsweetened yogurt and over 1/2 cup honey. It still wasn't very sweet and was very mild fruit flavor (I may add lemon juice next time for a brighter flavor).<br/>I also added 3 TBSP. blackberry brandy to keep it from freezing so hard but still is way too firm to scoop unless I pull the container out of the freezer 20 min. before serving. I can not detect the brandy flavor--may use more of that next time too.<br/>Thanks for posting--I'm sure it's great as written.
- 3 cups white peaches or 3 cups yellow peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 (6 ounce) cartons vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the peaches in food processor or blender. Add yogurt and honey. Cover and process or blend until smooth. (If using blender, blend mixture half at a time.) Stir in remaining peaches. Pour mixture into 9x9x2-inch freezer-proof container. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
- Break frozen mixture into small chunks and place in chilled large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low to medium speed until mixture is smooth but not melted. Return mixture to container.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm. Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature for 10 to 20 minutes before serving.