Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Ellie Krieger
- 1 large whole wheat baguette (about 8 ounces)
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sliced peaches
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray; slice the baguette into ½-inch slices.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer in the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and vanilla together.
- Pour mixture over the bread in the pan.
- In another bowl, toss the peaches with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar.
- Scatter the peach slices evenly on top of the bread; combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°; uncover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla yogurt, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a side of Canadian bacon.