I got this recipe out of the August '08 Eating Well Magazine. I made it using about 3/4 C of sugar and apple juice. It worked great. I'm putting the recipe here so I don't lose it, because my family loved it. I like the fact that it is lower in sugar than other freezer jam recipes. The magazine says not to use regular pectin in place of the no sugar needed pectin. I used Ball brand natural no sugar needed pectin. The prep time listed does not include the setting up stage after placing in jars.
- Place white grape (or apple) juice, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large saucepan.
- Gradually stir in pectin; continue stirring until completely dissolved.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be “stirred down”), stirring frequently.
- Boil hard for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately stir in the mashed peaches. Stir vigorously for 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar to taste until dissolved.
- Divide the jam among six 8-ounce canning jars, leaving at least 1/2 inch of space between the top of the jam and the top of the jar (this space allows the jam to expand as it freezes).
- Cover with lids and let the jam stand at room temperature until set, about 24 hours.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to use.
- This keeps 3 weeks in the refrigerator or 1 year in the freezer.