Recipe by **Jubes**
This recipe is from the side of a large can of SPC Peach Halves in natural fruit juice. The can is 825g (roughly 30 ounces) and the fruit content is labelled at being at least 59% of the can. The original recipe had 2 tablespoons of sugar....but I don't think it's necessary with lovely sweet fruit. Cook time does not include freezing time
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this when my son & his wife were over & it was a big hit with all of us ~ Very tasty & frosty! I never did let it freeze solid, & after a little over an hour for the final turn in the freezer, we had a very spoonable, enjoyable treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #39]
- 1 (825 g) can peaches, halves drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream (can use lite sour cream)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the fruit and then place all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a metal cake tin/pan and place in the freezer for about an hour, or until almost firm.
- Place the mixture into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a mould or individual serving dishes.
- Freeze until set. Makes six serves.