Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
The first time I made this pie did not use the right amount of almonds, it was still great. This recipe was featured in our newspaper, in the food section.
- 1 pie crust (9 inch)
- 8 ounces almonds
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 small peaches, peeled,cut in half and pitted
- Prick bottom of pie crust and bake in a 375 degree oven until light brown (about 15-20 minutes) While crust is baking, in a blender or food processor grind almonds and sugar until fine.
- Add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts and salt.
- Process to make a thick wet paste.
- Add 2 T butter and blend in.
- Pour and spread almond mixture into baked pie crust.
- Lay peaches cut-side down onto almond mixture.
- Spread the remaining tablespoon of butter on peach halves and sprinkle them lightly with sugar.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes (375 degree oven).
- Peaches will be glazed and almond paste will be puffed and brown.