A galette is nothing more than a free-form tart. I love this combination when the peaches are ripe in the summer, but you could use plums, pineapple, berries, apples or pears in the fall - anything you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 recipe pastry dough (see my Recipe)
- 1Oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Roll out the galette dough into a round about 15" in diameter.
- 3Fold the dough in half, then in half again and transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan, then unfold it.
- 4Make the frangipane: Beat the almond paste, butter and sugar together until well mixed.
- 5Add the rum and egg and mix until very smooth.
- 6Spread the frangipane over the galette dough leaving a 2" border all the way around.
- 7Arrange the peaches in a circular pattern over the frangipane.
- 8Fold the edges of the dough over the filling- you can pleat it for a very pretty effect, or you can just fold it randomly- this tart is supposed to be rustic so it doesn't matter.
- 9Brush the edge with the melted butter and sprinkle the entire tart with the sugar.
- 10Bake until the crust has browned and the frangipane is set, about 30-35 minutes.
- 11Let cool for about 5 minutes before sliding the galette onto a cooling rack.
- 12Let cool another 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach & Frangipane Galette
Serving Size: 1 (1462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2748.4
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.3 g
- Saturated Fat 56.9 g
- Cholesterol 363.9 mg
- Sodium 1026.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 285.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 179.6 g
- Protein 36.8 g