Recipe by CaliforniaJan
These have preserves in the center, this can be varied to suit your taste and mood!
Top Review by Enjolinfam
These were wonderful muffins! Instead of peach preserves I blended canned peaches to put in the center and it turned out delicious! I think I'll be making these again soon! Made for Everyday is a holiday tag - eat a peach day August 22.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 12 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper baking cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the egg, sour cream, and oil or applesauce. Add it all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon about half of the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 1/3 full. Top each with 1 teaspoon of the peach preserves. Then top with remaining batter, filling 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 F oven for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes Then remove muffins from muffin pan. Serve warm.