Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A sunny peach filling is nestled between two spicy butter crunch layers, a dressed up version of a fruit crisp. I use my favourite cereal, but you can use any type of flaky cereal you wish :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup crushed special k vanilla almond cereal
- 9 fresh peaches, halves (can substitute canned)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to butter mixture, beat until well blended.
- Stir in cereal until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of mixture in bottom of greased pan.
- Arrange pecan halves, cut side down over crust and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.