Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
What a delicious way to enjoy summer's bounty of peaches. This recipe encases ripe peaches, seasoned with brown sugar and warm spices, in butter-crisp puffed pastry. As they bake, the juices release to form a rich sauce. I served these golden beauties warm with homemade vanilla ice cream and sauce spooned over all. My daughter loved this dessert so much that she literally licked her bowl clean. :)
- 4 peaches, large and very ripe
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (loose, not packed)
- 1⁄4 sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Onto a flat work surface lightly dusted with flour, unfold one sheet of puffed pastry. Lightly dust the surface of the pastry with flour. With a rolling pin, lightly roll until square spreads to the size of a 12" x 12" square. Slice into four evenly sized squares.
- Remove skins from peaches, slice in half and remove pits. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Into one half of each peach, spoon 1 tbs. of the sugar & spices mixture into where the peach pit once was. Sandwich with other half of peach.
- Place peach onto one puffed pastry square. Gently fold each corner to the top-center of each peach. Repeat with each peach.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- With a pastry brush, brush melted butter over each pastry-covered peach. Then dust each with sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over each peach.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.