1 hr 30 mins
This jewel comes from my midwestern living magazine, oh so good. You can use fresh or frozen peaches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 350 degree oven, melt butter in a 13x9 pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar,water, stir while cooking over medim heat, bring to boiling and boil uncovered 5 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, place flour, cut in shortening until pieces are the size of small peas, then make a well in the center and add milk all at once.
- 4Stir until just combined, then knead dough 10-12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- 5Lightly sprinkle dough with flour, cover with waxed paper and roll dough to 12x10 rectangle about 1/4" thick.
- 6In another large bowl, toss peaches, cinnamon and nutmeg, spoon 3 cups of the peach mixture on top of melted butter in baking dish.
- 7Spoon the remaining 2 cups of peach mix. over dough and roll dough into a spiral, starting from the long side and pinch to seal.
- 8Cut into 12 one inch rolls, arrange rolls, cut side down over the peaches in baking dish.
- 9Carefully pour sugar syrup mix around rolls (this will look like too much liquid, but will absorb during baking.
- 10Bake 45 minute at 350 degrees and cool on a wire rack for 30 minute and serve warm in dishes with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g