Recipe by Tish
The theory is you dump this in a bag and freeze to pull out later. There are many variations which I will post separately but it's amazingly easy to make these up and have a different "dump" chicken every week!
Top Review by Motivated Mama
This was so quick and easy! I made exactly as written but did not peel the peach and marinated it in the fridge for almost 24 hours. It baked up beautifully in just over 30 minutes. It was juicy and tender with a very subtle flavor that we enjoyed over a salad. Next time I will probably add more peach and a bit more seasoning, but there will definitely be a next time. Thank you for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (4-6 pieces)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 medium peach, peeled,seeded,chopped (can use canned but I like fresh better.)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag.
- Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).