Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Reserve America. The recipe was submitted by Sherry Padgett.
- 12 ounces peaches in heavy syrup (large can)
- 18 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pour peaches in 9 x 11 baking dish
- Add pecans and sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over peaches
- Melt butter and pour over top of cake mix.
- Bake on 350 for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an added treat.
Sooo good and its a no brainer kind of dessert. I might just cut back a little tiny bit on the butter...but otherwise perfect. My dh loved it, my ds who does not like sweets (can he be my son???) liked it, only my youngest didn't like it, but he won't eat anything with cooked fruit ever...so I don't even count that vote. This is DELICIOUS...I only wish we had had some french vanilla ice cream to go with it...oh well next time...8 ) thanks so much for sharing
Super easy, and super good! This is a "dump cake" type dessert and we really enjoyed it. The top - (cake) part was crunchy, and the peach bottom was soft. I wasn't sure whether or not to drain the peaches, so I didn't, and that was definitely the way to go. It even warmed up nicely when leftover too. I baked it in a 9" square pan, and that worked well. I thought the peaches would be too spread out in a larger pan. I'll definitely be making this again! Thanks for sharing!