Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
In the winter this reminds me of a sunny summer day. It could also be used for a coffee cake.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches (drained)
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine.
- Pour into a 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pour peaches over brown sugar.
- Cream together 1/3 cup margarine with white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter over peaches.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately invert onto serving plate.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
WoW! This is a awesome cake! Made to share with friends at the lake and BOY! was it a big hit. DELICIOUS! We all think this ranks better than a upside down pineapple cake. It's quick and so easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing recipe :)
Your recipe now has a review!! Very easy to make, I followed the directions and made one addition. DH loves nutmeg and I think it goes very well with peaches! (I always add some to my peach pies). I grated fresh nutmeg over the peaches before I added the batter. The presentation of the inverted cake on the serving plate was lovely! Yummy!
I started to make this and realized that you omitted a step. When do you add the peaches? I put them on top of the brown sugar. I figured that's where they should go. JJ