Recipe by looneytunesfan
Colorful peach slices and refreshing lemon gelatin take center stage in this creamy dessert.
Top Review by tammy dalton
This is almost the exact same recipe my cousin uses. The main difference is she uses peach jello instead of lemon. For the nuts I use what ever I happen to have on hand, usually pecans. This is so good!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 7 medium fresh peaches, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly). Mix in walnuts. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust. Top with peaches.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gradually stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Spoon over peaches. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Dollop with remaining whipped topping.