Recipe by I'mPat
A nice easy dessert recipe or treat with a cuppa from Recipe+. Have included chill time in preparation time.
- 12 miniature tart shells (shortcrust)
- 410 g sliced peaches in juice
- 1 cup vanilla custard (store bought)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam (heated and strained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tart shells cases from the package.
- Drain peaches, reserve juice and slice 12 peaches in half lengthwise and reserve remaining peaches for another use.
- Place tart shells on a tray.
- Place custard and reserved juice in a small heavy based saucepan and cook and stir over a moderately low heat until heated.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and stir into custard and cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Transfer to a heatproof jug and cover surface directly with baking paper (prevents custard forming skin) and then chill, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes (custard will thicken on cooling).
- Spoon cooled custard into tart shells cases and arrange 2 peach slices on top of custard and chill for 30 minutes.
- Carefully brush tart tops with jam and then chill for 5 minutes and then serve.