1/2 Photos of Peach Custard Squares
I first made this when I was in the 10th grade in high school -- From a 1962 Pet Milk Praise the Cook magazine tear-out. A rich crust topped with fruit and custard -- Not too sweet -- serve warm or cold!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Crust and Fruit
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 29 ounces sliced peaches (one 29 ounce can sliced peaches, drained well, RESERVE 1/2 cup peach syrup for custard)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees, or 350 degrees for Pyrex.
- 2In a 1 1/2 quart bowl, combine flour, salt, and butter with a pastry blender until mixture is like a coarse meal.
- 3With the back of a spoon, press flour mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a buttered 8-inch square dish or pan.
- 4Arrange well drained peach slices over crust, sprinkle with sugar mixed with cinnamon, and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- 5Mix 1/2 cup peach syrup, 1 beaten egg, and 1 cup evaporated milk; pour over fruit in crust.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes until custard is firm except in the center. Center will become firm upon standing.
- 7Serve warm or cold ~ serves 9.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Custard Squares
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: