This pie is the best pie I have ever tasted. No Joke! I love this so much and my peach crazed hubby loves it even more! You can't go wrong with this yummy pie. The filling is just perfect and the streusel topping gives it a nice crunchy layer on top. Mmm... its amazing!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 4 medium size peaches
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, salt and butter with fork until crumbly.
- Add in water one tbs at a time until soft dough forms.
- Gather into a ball and roll out into a circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place 9 inch pie plate upside down on crust and cut off excess dough, leaving 1 inch overhang.
- Place crust into pie plate and arrange as you wish.
- Peel and slice peaches 1/4 inch thick and line the crust in a circle, slightly overlapping each other until you have an outer circle and inner circle. (Save any excess slices for garnishing the top of the pie if you wish.).
- Whisk together sour cream, egg yokes, sugar, flour and vanilla until just blended and pour over top of the peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes until custard in mostly set.
- Streusel Topping:.
- Combine butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon with your fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of pie and bake for an additional 15 minutes until custard is set.
- Note: If your crust browns too fast cover the crust with foil.
- Let pie cool and serve cold or warm.