This pie is the best pie I have ever tasted. No Joke! I love this so much and my peach crazed hubby loves it even more! You can't go wrong with this yummy pie. The filling is just perfect and the streusel topping gives it a nice crunchy layer on top. Mmm... its amazing!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 4 medium size peaches
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, salt and butter with fork until crumbly.
- Add in water one tbs at a time until soft dough forms.
- Gather into a ball and roll out into a circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place 9 inch pie plate upside down on crust and cut off excess dough, leaving 1 inch overhang.
- Place crust into pie plate and arrange as you wish.
- Peel and slice peaches 1/4 inch thick and line the crust in a circle, slightly overlapping each other until you have an outer circle and inner circle. (Save any excess slices for garnishing the top of the pie if you wish.).
- Whisk together sour cream, egg yokes, sugar, flour and vanilla until just blended and pour over top of the peaches.
- Bake for 30 minutes until custard in mostly set.
- Streusel Topping:.
- Combine butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon with your fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of pie and bake for an additional 15 minutes until custard is set.
- Note: If your crust browns too fast cover the crust with foil.
- Let pie cool and serve cold or warm.
Very tasty pie. Loved the custard and streusel with the fruit. Next time, I'd probably use more fruit, my pie turned out a little thin. I also think this pie would be great using other kinds of fruit as well. Made for ZWT6 Zingo.
A sour cream peach pie. How could you go wrong!? A agree that the cinnamon in the streusel topping is a must! I had to go through a good number of peaches at the market in order to find some that were just right, as most of them were a tad too raw, yet. But well worth the time spent! This will be made again this summer, as my sister is a peach fanatic! Thnx for sharing your recipe, my friend. Made for a fellow Voracious Vagabond of ZWT 6.
A WANT MORE recipe! Because my pie dish is smaller I reduced it .75, subbed margarine for the shortening, and definitely included the cinnamon-love cinnamon. Served with Mongolian Beef, rice, green beans, and a salad. Thank you Sarah for a wonderful dessert that I will definitely repeat. Made for Unrulies Under the Influence.