1/9 Photos of Peach Custard Pie With Streusel Topping
1 hr 15 mins
Sarah in New York's Note:
This pie is the best pie I have ever tasted. No Joke! I love this so much and my peach crazed hubby loves it even more! You can't go wrong with this yummy pie. The filling is just perfect and the streusel topping gives it a nice crunchy layer on top. Mmm... its amazing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium size peaches
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 3Combine flour, salt and butter with fork until crumbly.
- 4Add in water one tbs at a time until soft dough forms.
- 5Gather into a ball and roll out into a circle about 1/8 inch thick.
- 6Place 9 inch pie plate upside down on crust and cut off excess dough, leaving 1 inch overhang.
- 7Place crust into pie plate and arrange as you wish.
- 9Peel and slice peaches 1/4 inch thick and line the crust in a circle, slightly overlapping each other until you have an outer circle and inner circle. (Save any excess slices for garnishing the top of the pie if you wish.).
- 10Whisk together sour cream, egg yokes, sugar, flour and vanilla until just blended and pour over top of the peaches.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes until custard in mostly set.
- 12Streusel Topping:.
- 13Combine butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon with your fingers until crumbly.
- 14Sprinkle evenly over top of pie and bake for an additional 15 minutes until custard is set.
- 15Note: If your crust browns too fast cover the crust with foil.
- 16Let pie cool and serve cold or warm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Custard Pie With Streusel Topping
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 223.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g