Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Absolutely fantastic pie and it couldn't be easier.
Make and share this Peach Custard Pie With Shortbread Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix crust ingredients by hand or in a food processor until they form a ball.
- Pat out evenly into a buttered pie tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat all other ingredients together except peaches.
- Take crust out of oven, arrange the peach slices on the crust and pour the filling over the peaches.
- Do not allow filling to pour over sides of crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Cover pie with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more or until the filling is set.
- The juicier the peaches, the more time the custard needs in the oven.
My husband gives this five stars! And it is the easiest custard pie I have ever made. It is February, so my peaches while soft were probably not all that juicy. It still needed an extra 5 minutes so I would always go long on the time.