1/1 Photo of Peach Custard Pie
1 hr 55 mins
From Colonial Rose Inn, Grand Detour, Illinois.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) basic flaky single deep dish pie shells
- 1 cup sour cream (full-fat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large ripe fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and thickly sliced
- 1Place prepared unbaked pie shell in the freezer for 15 minutes; preheat oven to 425°.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sour cream, sugar, egg yolks, flour, and vanilla together until smooth; set aside.
- 3Arrange peach slices in the chilled pie shell in tight, stacked concentric circles; you don't have to make it look perfect, just relatively neat.
- 4Slowly and evenly pour the sour cream mixtgure over the peaches.
- 5Gently shake the pan to help the mixture settle between the peaches.
- 6Place the pie on the center oven rack; bake for 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, to make the streusel topping: combine the flour, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl; toss to blend.
- 8Using your fingers, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 9Remove pie from oven and lower oven temperature to 400°.
- 10Dump the streusel in the center of the pie, spreading it evenly over the top with your hands.
- 11Tamp it down very gently.
- 12Return pie to oven, placing it so the part that faced teh back of the oven now faces forward.
- 13Continue to bake for about 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown--may tent loosely with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- 14Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool at least 2 hours; once cooled to room temperature, cover loosely with foil and refrigerate before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 46.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g