Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I searched all through zaar and I couldn't find this recipe, I actually had to call up my mother and get this from her. My mum used to make this when we were kids and it is total comfort food to me. It is awesome warm or cold.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches (halves or slices)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Mix flour, salt and butter until crumbly and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain peaches reserving juice and arrange over crust evenly.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches then bake for 20 minutes
- Combine the reserved juice with the evaporated milk and eggs and pour over the peaches then bake for another 30 mins until custard is set.
This is fabulous!!! Made it years ago and we all loved it. Quick and easy. I served it with whipped heavy cream. Fantastic!!! Jean
This is so different & easy to make & everyone loved it! It's so unique your guests will think you just came up with it on the fly as mine did. Cake crust, custard & peaches... how could you go wrong? I served this for dessert after a meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy & all the fixen's... very southern.. & all were pleased.
I love this. I'm a custard kind of gal so this was right up my alley. I added some cinnamon and sugar to the flour mixture, I'm sure it would be good with or without it. I also mixed brown sugar and white sugar together for the one cup of sugar. Everything else I did as written. It took my custard about 45-50 minutes to set but that is probably my picky german oven. The custard bubbled up and browned a little in places and was just great with the slight peachy taste. Thanks alot for this I'll make it again.