Recipe by mayweed
I searched all through zaar and I couldn't find this recipe, I actually had to call up my mother and get this from her. My mum used to make this when we were kids and it is total comfort food to me. It is awesome warm or cold.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (28 ounce) can peaches (halves or slices)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Mix flour, salt and butter until crumbly and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Drain peaches reserving juice and arrange over crust evenly.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches then bake for 20 minutes
- Combine the reserved juice with the evaporated milk and eggs and pour over the peaches then bake for another 30 mins until custard is set.