Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Summery and sweet
Make and share this Peach Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml grated orange zest
- 177.44 ml milk
- 2 peaches or 2 nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffly. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
This is a great cupcake, nice and sweet. To make it healthier cut down to 2 tblsp margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. As long as you follow the directions of mixing properly this comes out fantastic. These don't last a day in our house! Thanks for sharing, now I know what to do with all the fruit from my nectarine tree!
Quick easy. Like other review substituted brown sugar for white, puréed four cling peaches, yummy. Did a cream cheese, vanilla, butter, icing sugar and 2 blended cling peach frosting, double yummy.
These cupcakes were divine! Of course I had to make a few small changes, because that's just the kind of guy I am. I substituted the white sugar for dark brown, added 2 tbsp peach schnapps, added an additional 1/2 c flour to make it rise as I live at high altitude, and used the cream cheese frosting recipe from Cooking to Perfection's Autumn Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. I also tweaked the frosting recipe a bit by adding orange zest to it as well. And I'm so glad I did! The delicate balance of flavors between the nutmeg, peaches and orange zest was amazing! I've been running all over the neighborhood this afternoon sharing them with my neighbors because I'm so proud :) Thanks for the great recipe!