Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Summery and sweet
Top Review by dolliegyrl
This is a great cupcake, nice and sweet. To make it healthier cut down to 2 tblsp margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. As long as you follow the directions of mixing properly this comes out fantastic. These don't last a day in our house! Thanks for sharing, now I know what to do with all the fruit from my nectarine tree!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 peaches or 2 nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffly. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.