Make sure you use sliced peaches in water (no sugar added), not in syrup. Otherwise you can cut back on the sugar. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain peaches, reserve juice.
- Put peaches in 8 x 8 (square) baking pan, sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, 1 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter, top peaches with crumble, sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- For a softer, sweeter crumble, drizzle over some of reserved peach juice before baking.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or to desired crispness, serve warm.