Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make sure you use sliced peaches in water (no sugar added), not in syrup. Otherwise you can cut back on the sugar. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sliced peaches in juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain peaches, reserve juice.
- Put peaches in 8 x 8 (square) baking pan, sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, 1 tbsp sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter, top peaches with crumble, sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- For a softer, sweeter crumble, drizzle over some of reserved peach juice before baking.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or to desired crispness, serve warm.
I made this on 6/18/10 for the Pie and Tart event in the Cooking Photo Forum. Except for cutting the recipe in half this was made as written. After 30 minutes of baking time I checked to see if it was browning, and the peaches were dried out and the topping wasn't even close to browning. I was very disappointed with the taste. My SO seemed to enjoy it, so that's why I gave it 4 stars. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :)
Fast, easy and yummy! Not overly sweet and a breeze to make. I used fresh peaches as they are plentiful right now. Prepared for PAC Fall 2008