Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy, can't get much better than that! I fix this to take to potlucks, and will on occasion take it in to the staff that works for me to show my appreciation. Everyone is always asking for this recipe and can't believe it is so simple to do!
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, do not drain
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl: Mix butter, flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt with a pastry blender until crumbly(a fork will work if you don't have a pastry blender). Add egg and mix well. Set aside.(you will use the remaining sugar and cinnamon on the last step before baking).
- Pour peaches and sugar in medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Make a thickener with the cornstarch and water and pour into peaches. Stir until thickened.
- Pour peaches into 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle and crumble the topping over the top of the peaches evenly as possible.
- Take remaining 2 T of sugar and 1 T. of cinnamon and sprinkle over top of topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Delicious and very easy dessert to make.