Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Made in a slow-cooker.
Make and share this Peach Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs firm-ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and thickly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- vanilla ice cream (or whipped cream)
- Coat the slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Put the fruit in the cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: in a bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingertips; set aside.
- After the 30 minutes, spread the topping evenly over the fruit, leaving a ½-inch border without topping to prevent burning.
- Cover and decrease heat to LOW; cook 2 ½ to 3 hours until the fruit is tender.
- Test by sticking a knife into the center of the crumble; when the knife passes through the fruit with little resistance, the crumble is done.
- Uncover and let cool for 10 minutes before serving; if desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.