3 hrs 30 mins
Made in a slow-cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs firm-ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and thickly sliced
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- vanilla ice cream (or whipped cream)
- 1Coat the slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- 2Put the fruit in the cooker, cover, and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make the topping: in a bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- 4Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingertips; set aside.
- 5After the 30 minutes, spread the topping evenly over the fruit, leaving a ½-inch border without topping to prevent burning.
- 6Cover and decrease heat to LOW; cook 2 ½ to 3 hours until the fruit is tender.
- 7Test by sticking a knife into the center of the crumble; when the knife passes through the fruit with little resistance, the crumble is done.
- 8Uncover and let cool for 10 minutes before serving; if desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g