Recipe by Pamela Young
My husband loved this (he ate half of it in one serving) I got the recipe from the Weight Watchers cook book, the only thing I changed was the pie crust. It was awsome...a must try, the crust change may have changed to points but it was worth it.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
I love the topping on this pie. I used a 29 oz lite sliced peaches and a 9 inch pie shell. I drained the juice though the directions don't say otherwise, I'm glad I did! I also use Splenda Brown Sugar. After tenting with foil I only cooked mine for 30 minutes cause it was definitely done. I might try these when fresh peaches are in season.
- 9 inches frozen pie crusts
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches (drained of liquid)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Oven to 375 degrees. Take the pie crust out of the freezer and let it sit.
- To Prepare filling: In medium bowl combine peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cornstarch and vanilla extrac; toss well. Set aside in bowl.
- To Prepare topping: In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add the butter, lemon juice and water; stir to combine.
- Transfer pie filling to the pie crust. Then press topping together to form clumps and crumble over top of filling.
- Bake 40 minutes, then loosely tent the top with aluminum foil to prevent topping from over browning. Bake 40 minutes longer.(some ovens may vary and only need 30 minutes more).
- Let cool before eating.