Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Unlike most cobblers and crumbles, this dessert is actually healthy and low in fat! It's from Peach Perfect (Low Fat Recipes) by Sherri Eldridge.
- 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9-inch square deep-dish pie plate with non-stick oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and mint.
- Mix cornstarch and orange juice; let rest 15 minutes, then mix into peaches.
- Pour peach mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Mix flour with brown sugar and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter to cut margarine into flour until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Delicious! the filling baked out at a perfect texture, not runny at all, I use freshly squeezed orange juice, and used 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar in with the peaches. thanks Kree!..Kitten:)