Recipe by Kree
Unlike most cobblers and crumbles, this dessert is actually healthy and low in fat! It's from Peach Perfect (Low Fat Recipes) by Sherri Eldridge.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious! the filling baked out at a perfect texture, not runny at all, I use freshly squeezed orange juice, and used 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar in with the peaches. thanks Kree!..Kitten:)
- 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9-inch square deep-dish pie plate with non-stick oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, and mint.
- Mix cornstarch and orange juice; let rest 15 minutes, then mix into peaches.
- Pour peach mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Mix flour with brown sugar and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter to cut margarine into flour until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serve hot.