Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
the maple sauce really makes a difference..to me, this is comfort food
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 medium fresh peaches (5-6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and rind of
CREAMY MAPLE SAUCE
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- to prepare CRISP:.
- combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and salt.
- cut in butter with pastry blender till crumbly.
- Combine peaches with maple syrup, lemon juice and rind.
- Place in 9" square pan.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- to prepare MAPLE SAUCE:.
- combine ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
Delicious!!!! I never made the sauce, just topped with vanilla ice-cream. Thanks for posting!!
I actually found this recipe on another website (non-food) and I was going to post it here but you beat me to it! I LOVE peach crisp, pie, anything peachy and while I was skeptical of the maple flavor, not being a big maple fan, I went ahead and prepared it as directed. It was so delicious and such a subtle maple flavor that went oh-so-nicely with the peaches. My peaches were very juicy so it didn't turn out very pretty but it sure tasted good! The maple cream sauce is a wonderful addition to the peach crisp that I whole-heartedly recommend it accompany the crisp.