Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from an old newspaper clipping and posted here for safekeeping. This is a light, "guilt free" version of peach crisp. Next time I make this, I want to try sweetening the peaches with agave nectar but would still use brown sugar in the topping.
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For peach mixture:.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, sugar, spice and cornstarch plus a little water (if peaches are dry).
- For topping:.
- In another bowl, combine flour, butter and brown sugar.
- Place peach mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Good, easy dessert. made it in a 13x9 pan so i had to double the topping. next time i'll use a smaller, deeper pan.
Delicious, hard to believe it is light! When I first looked at the recipe, I was worried about the smaller amount of topping than I'd normally use - but no need to worry, it was perfect. The brown sugar in the topping is what really makes it special. It makes a lovely layer of sweetness on top of the peaches. I served with with fat free cool whip, yummy!