Recipe by coconutty
Adapted from an old newspaper clipping and posted here for safekeeping. This is a light, "guilt free" version of peach crisp. Next time I make this, I want to try sweetening the peaches with agave nectar but would still use brown sugar in the topping.
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For peach mixture:.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, sugar, spice and cornstarch plus a little water (if peaches are dry).
- For topping:.
- In another bowl, combine flour, butter and brown sugar.
- Place peach mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.