Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker. Feel free to experiment with other fruit or fruit combos (I used peaches & blackberries my first time making this). In place of the canned peaches you can also use 5 cups frozen peaches (or other fruit), thawed and drained. There is a lot of crumble topping on this crisp so you may wish to use a larger pan (11x7 perhaps) and a bit more fruit, but I liked it this way :)
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelope oatmeal cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 3 (15 ounce) canssliced peaches, drained
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, place cookie mix. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender or fork, until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- In an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish, spread fruit in an even layer. Sprinkle cookie mixture over peaches and spread evenly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Let cool at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Now how much easier can it get than making this most enjoyable dessert! Very, very satisfying! I did use frozen peaches, since I had them on hand, & now I'm looking forward to buying that bag of frozen blackberries I saw last time I was at Cosco! Thanks for the great treat! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]