Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my absolute favorite fresh fruit cobbler/crisp. The topping is SO incredible. I recommend doubling the recipe! My mom adapted this recipe from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 4 cups sliced fresh fruit (can use peaches, apples, berries)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar or 2⁄3 cup maple sugar or 2⁄3 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats (any kind)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter (softened)
- Place sliced fruit in greased baking dish.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl until crumbly.
- Blend in butter with pastry cutter.
- Place mixture over top of fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- SERVE WARM!
Very good cobbler. I used 1/2 cup of sugar with the fruit and I added blueberries because blueberries and peaches are great together. Thanks for the recipe.
I halved the recipe, and used 2 cups of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries). I wanted a berry crisp that used oats - and this fit the bill perfectly. I used whole-wheat flour, and only wished I had vanilla ice cream on hand to enjoy with this! It was delicious and fairly healthy to boot. Thanks!
It was a pretty good peach crips, but it had too much nutmeg for my taste. I think if I made it next time I would omit it and maybe add a little vanilla instead.