Recipe by Tish
This variation uses rice instead of oats...a great taste that I think all will enjoy!
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 2⁄3 cups peaches or 1 (16 ounce) candrained peaches
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, peaches, and 1/3 cup sugar in buttered shallow 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Mix flour, remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over rice, then sprinkle nuts over flour mixture.
- Bake 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- To Microwave: Prepare zas directed using microproof baking dish.
- Cok on high for about 5-6 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.