Recipe by M&Mers
I love the flavor of toasted oats...and combined with juicy peaches and cinnamon in a warm crisp, it's the ultimate comfort food. I have also made this recipe using half peaches and half apples...just as delicious!
Top Review by Cher Oliver
This wasn't as great as I was expecting, sadly enough. It was good, but not great. For me, I'd rather just have the peach flavor and brown sugar. The cinnamon and nutmeg and honey were too overwhelming. If I make this again I'll add brown sugar to the peaches instead of honey and 1/2 the amounts of cinn and nutmeg.
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (or canned peaches can be used)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches in a 9 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and then drizzle with honey.
- In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using a pastry blender or fork.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.