Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by BecR
Oh my, was this dee-lish!!! Was out of peach brandy so used Amaretto & dash Grand Marnier, added a little fresh lemon juice and peel too; was out of preserves too; otherwise followed the recipe. Oh, and I never bother to peel peaches unless the peel is bitter. Hubby and I enjoyed this tonite. Thank you Ellie, will be making this again.
- 6 -8 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon peach brandy (optional) or 1⁄2-1 tablespoon peach nectar (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 -2 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spray a 11 x 9-inch pan with Pam (or grease pan).
- To prepare filling combine first 4 ingredients (peaches - almond extract) in a large bowl, crushing peaches to help release juices. In a small cup or bowl combine 3 tablespoons of the juice with cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture into peaches. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- To prepare topping, combine first 7 ingredients (oatmeal - ginger) in a large bowl. Cut in butter with two knives or pastry blender. Stir in vanilla and almonds (if using).
- Sprinkle topping over peaches, pressing down slightly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until topping is brown and peaches bubbly.