This stuff is out of this world! I love the combination of oats, brown sugar, and yummy peaches. Of course it HAS to be topped with vanilla ice cream. I have used fresh and canned peaches, both tasting great. But, if possible, fresh peaches are the best. I usually double the recipe to make a 9x13 pan size. I have gotten so many compliments on this easy dessert. By the way, it is really rich :)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine crust ingredients; divide in half. Press half into bottom and sides of 8x8 baking pan; set aside. (Save other half of mixture for topping!)
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and becomes clear. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar mixture evenly over peaches.
- Top with remaining half of crumb mixture.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Top servings with plenty of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.