1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This was on Paula's Home Cooking this morning and I just HAD to go find the recipe. Looks absolutely wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (or 1 28 ounce can plus 1 16 oz can sliced peaches in light syrup, well drained)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2To make crust, place four, butter and sour cream in food processor and pulse to combine.
- 3when the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 4Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- 5Let cool while preparing the filling.
- 6Lower the oven temp to 350.
- 7To make filling, arrange the fresh or canned peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust until completely covered. Overfill the crust as peaches will draw up during cooking.
- 8Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour and beat until smooth. Pour over the peaches.
- 9Bake fr about 1 hour at 350, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with aluminum foil tent if crust gets too dark.
- 10Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
- 11To make glaze, combine the preserves or jelly and lemonade. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of warm tart.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Cream Tart
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.4
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 139.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g