Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was on Paula's Home Cooking this morning and I just HAD to go find the recipe. Looks absolutely wonderful.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (or 1 28 ounce can plus 1 16 oz can sliced peaches in light syrup, well drained)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon frozen lemonade concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375.
- To make crust, place four, butter and sour cream in food processor and pulse to combine.
- when the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- Let cool while preparing the filling.
- Lower the oven temp to 350.
- To make filling, arrange the fresh or canned peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust until completely covered. Overfill the crust as peaches will draw up during cooking.
- Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and flour and beat until smooth. Pour over the peaches.
- Bake fr about 1 hour at 350, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with aluminum foil tent if crust gets too dark.
- Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
- To make glaze, combine the preserves or jelly and lemonade. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of warm tart.