Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fresh peaches, topped with a luscious cream cheese filling and a crisp topping of oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice, would make the perfect finale to a summertime meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 5 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F For the Crust, mix oats, 1 1/3 cups flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and apple pie spice in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Reserve remaining mixture for topping.
- For the Filling, mix peaches, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, cinnamon and apple pie spice in medium bowl. Add peaches; toss to coat. Layer over bottom crust.
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in small bowl until smooth. Spread over peaches. Top with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Sorry, I forgot to note the stars rating in my previous review. This is definitely a five!
My co-worker made this recipe last night and brought it in to share with us today, and it is sooo good. She didn't have cream cheese, but that definitely would have put this dessert over the top. Also she didn't use the apple pie spice, just a bit more cinnamon, and some nutmeg. Thanks for sharing.