Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious and refreshing smoothie. The peaches, honey, and almond extract taste heavenly together. Plus each serving only has 0.5 grams of fat. This is from Peach Perfect by Sherri Eldridge.
- 1 cup chopped peeled peach
- 1 cup skim milk (or soy or rice milk to make it dairy-free)
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 -10 cracked ice cubes
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- Puree peaches in blender.
- Add milk, honey, and almond extract and process until smooth.
- With blender running at high speed, add ice cubes one at a time and process until smooth. I would recommend shutting down the blender while you're actually adding the cubes!
- Pour thick shakes into two tall glasses and serve with a sprig of mint.
I have a ton of frozen peaches to use and this was a delightful way to do so. I used fat free soy milk and omitted the ice cubes since mine was frothy from the frozen peaches. I found that I needed closer to 4 tbsp. of honey to get the taste I wanted (I started with 2). Really lovely creamy fruity flavor.
MMMM! I bought some white peaches last nite and used 1 in this recipe. I really liked it but mine turned out kinda thin, I dont know why. Anywho, the flavor was still quite peachy and sweet. I would use a tad less honey next time. Thanks so much for an easy breakfast smoothie:)
I LOVE peaches. Made this with soy milk and it was divine. And it IS pink.