Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cookie that is worth the effort.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- yellow food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peach flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 package peach Jello
- red sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Batter: Mix all ingreients together except flour.
- Beat well then blend in flour.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch to 1 1/4 inch.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, 3 to 10 minutes.
- When completely cooled, scoop out the center of the cookies by using a very sharp paring knife.
- Makes; 40 to 50 balls or 20 to 25 cookies.
- Filling: Beat together sugar, margarine and oil.
- Then beat in pineapple juice, salt and egg white.
- Fill each cookie with filling; underfill each cookie but leave some filling on the edges of cookies.
- This will be used to glue a top and bottom to make one cookie.
- Press each cookie together matching up cookies that are similiar in size.
- Topping: Mix together red sugar and the peach jello.
- Use your judgement on how much red sugar you would like on top of each cookie.
- Dip cookies in vermouth and count to 10: drain on a paper towel.
- Next, take damp cookie and dip in sugar.
- Let dry for 3 hours.