Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the book, Caramel Knowledge
- 24 thin mint cookies (Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies or Kiebler's Grasshoppers)
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Break up 12 of the cookies into small pieces (6 to 8 pieces per cookie - not tiny crumbs).
- Drain the peach slices and put them in a bowl.
- Count them to see how many you have.
- Since this recipe makes 6 servings, divide that number by 6 - that's how many peach slices you have for each parfait.
- It's probably between 3 and 4.
- Divide the broken cookies into 3 equal piles.
- Divide the first pile equally into the bottoms of 6 eight ounces glasses (regular tall drinking glasses).
- Drop a scoop of ice cream into each.
- Top with a peach slice or two (about 1/3 peach supply).
- Sprinkle into each glass the pieces from the second cookie piece pile.
- Top with another scoop of ice cream and another peach slice or two.
- Put in the last of the cookie pieces, the last of the peaches and one more scoop of ice cream to fill each glass.
- Stick two mint cookies into the ice cream at angles to form a V.