1/1 Photo of Peach Conserve with Rum
Cindy Lynn's Note:
This was also posted as a request on the boards. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to when our young peach tree starts producing in the next year or two. I think this would work with or without the rum. Cook time includes processing time only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons orange rind, slivered
- 2/3 cup orange pulp, chopped and seeded (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 cups peaches, peeled,pitted and chopped (about 3 large)
- 3/4 cup pineapple, crushed
- 1/4-1/2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1Combine orange peel and pulp with just enough water to cover in a small saucepan.
- 2Cook until peel is tender; set aside.
- 3Put opened container of rum in hot water; set aside.
- 4Combine reserved orange mixture with peaches, pineapple, cherries and lime juice in a large saucepot.
- 5Add sugar and spices, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 6Cook almost to gelling point.
- 7As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Stir in hot rum.
- 10Ladle hot conserve into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- 11Adjust two-piece caps.
- 12Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- 13Remove from boiling-water.
- 14Cover with a dry towel.
- 15Allow to stand until caps seal and jars cool.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Conserve with Rum
Serving Size: 1 (1910 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2751.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 590.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 677.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 668.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: