Recipe by bree.fausnaught
A Sinful Coffee Cake that melts in your mouth from the first bite. Great to enjoy with milk in the morning or ice cream at night! Just don't get caught eating more then one bite, this is a good ol' southern recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (1 cup)
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 cups fresh peaches
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease your bundt pan.
- Using a hand mixer, or if you have one of those fancy kitchens, a standing mixer, and beat your butter until it is light and creamy.
- Gradually mix in your sugar until you get a light and airy texture.
- Next add your eggs in, one at a time. Make sure each egg is thoroughly mixed in before adding the next egg.
- Go ahead and add in your vanilla and cinnamon.
- Whisk your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Next we're going to add in our flour mixture and our sour cream. Alternate these two ingredients; 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup flour and so on until you're out of flour and sour cream.
- Now it's time to layer your cake. Add 1/2 of your batter to the greased bundt pan. Then add your peach mixture, spreading it evenly throughout the pan. Top with the remaining batter and smooth.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for 50 minutes to an hour.
- Now this cake is already sweet enough, but who wouldn't want just a little icing on top --.
- Mix together all of your ingredients: butter, powdered sugar, jam, and vanilla to make a thick rich icing.
- You can either just ice the top of the cake or heat it up in the microwave or on the stove and drizzle it over the top.