Top Review by kaylanave
The streusel and peach topping tastes wonderful. The cake itself was a bit dry. I would suggest baking for only only 50 minutes (I baked for 55min). Would make again with the addition of peach slices or syrup to the cake to moisten and add flavor. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 lbs peaches, peeled,1 inch chunk
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Make streusel: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Make cake: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Add sour cream alternately with dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat just until combined.
- Spread batter in prepared pans.
- Sprinkle evenly with half the streusel.
- Spoon peaches on top; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.