- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced or 16 ounces frozen peaches, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12 to 14-inch spring form pan with oil.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter, eggs, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; mix.
- Add milk; beat with mixer until well blended.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Put batter into oiled springform pan and top with struessel mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cool for 15 minutes; remove sides of pan.